I’m pleased to announce the publishing of the Design Guide portion of the FlexPod Datacenter with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (RHEL-OSP) project!
FlexPod has officially expanded its extensive validated design portfolio to include an OpenStack solution. NetApp has teamed up with Red Hat and Cisco to deliver cloud-ready, enterprise-grade converged infrastructure with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (RHEL-OSP)-smoothing the way to deploy an open Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) for your hybrid cloud environments.
This collaborative, technical engineering effort represents a fully supported, enterprise-class converged infrastructure deployment built on NetApp® FAS and E-Series storage, Cisco® UCS servers, and Cisco Nexus switches.
In the design guide, you can find the following and more:
- Specific guidance as to why NetApp represents the best enterprise-class storage for both converged infrastructure and OpenStack deployments
- Enhancements, ease-of-use, and high availability features exposed by utilizing the RHEL-OSP Installer to easily and reliably build an OpenStack deployment on FlexPod
- How the Cisco Nexus 1000v allows visibility into the resulting OpenStack cloud with familiarity to those versed in Cisco’s NX-OS Operating System
- What considerations are needed from a design standpoint for all of the following: compute, networking, and storage
I hope this document is useful for you.
For more info
- Brand new landing page for FlexPod at www.flexpod.com
- New and updated sales tools, collateral and Validated Design documents will be made available on the web at NetApp.com/FlexPod
- More information about NetApp’s participation in the OpenStack community can be found at netapp.github.io
- For Red Hat and NetApp specific information, please visit NetApp.com/redhat