According to a recent ESG study, 88% of you reading this want to make a change in your backup architecture. Whether its because the ever-increasing volume of data is forcing a new approach, or because the costs are getting out of control, or maybe backups and restores consistently fail to meet windows-whatever the challenges you face, you know that there must be a better way.
And it’s true, there is a better way to run backup and restore in the enterprise. Today, NetApp is announcing the next generation of SteelStore products with a new name: AltaVault cloud-integrated storage for backup and archive. AltaVault enables customers to securely backup data to any cloud at up to 90% less cost compared to on-premises solutions. With AltaVault, we are committed to delivering a solution that is:
- Efficient. Cut data volumes by 30x and speed transport times by 4x
- Open. Seamless integration of cloud into backup strategies
- Secure. Ensure company data is safe and compliant in the cloud
- Simple. Go from zero to cloud protected in less than 30 minutes
This expanded and enhanced product line aims to help customers unlock cloud economics, while preserving existing investments in their backup strategy. Highlights from the announcement include:
- New form factors: Customers can now choose the form-factor that is right for them: physical, virtual (VMware ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V), and cloud based (AWS and Azure) appliances. All of these form-factors are available TODAY.
- Improved flexibility and scale: AltaVault appliances start as small as 8TB and scale up to 57PB of protected data in the cloud, making it the most scalable cloud integrated storage on the market. Shrink backup windows with more than 2x faster ingest performance.
- Integrations into NetApp ecosystem: AltaVault seamlessly integrates with SnapProtect, and the backup software you already use, and with all leading public and private cloud storage providers including StorageGRID Webscale. Tap into industry-leading services and support from NetApp professional services.
Want to learn more? Watch this video below or join us LIVE on May 27th at 6:00 am and 1:00 pm PT (9:00 am ET and 4:00 pm ET) for a webcast where industry leaders will discuss this game-changing announcement and the future of backup, recovery, and cloud.